Adult Content... If you are under 18 or easily offended by erotic - kinky - poly material, please leave. Thanks!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Reading Erotica before an Audience

Last night I read the first part of The Cherry Chronicles at an open Mic. The thing about reading erotica before an audience is that I blush. I blush from the tip of my head down to my toes. I can feel my entire face and chest burning then my hands start to tremble and my throat goes dry. Fortunately, my voice has gotten steadier as I've become more accustomed to reading erotica to strangers. I guess, more than just the reading erotica out loud, it's the idea of reading erotica to strangers. Especially when I don't know how they will respond.

One lady and her husband told me I have a sweet voice. "It was surprising to hear that sweet voice say things like cock and ass." They seemed to like what I read, but I couldn't tell if they were saying that my voice was disconcerting or merely unexpected. The topic then changed so I didn't ask. It startled me though... I've been told a few times that I should be a phone sex operator. (I've considered it, even went so far as to research it, but then remembered that I'm not too keen on spending a lot of time on the phone. But a podcast... hmmmm, now that might be something to consider.) Wouldn't someone with that kind of voice be the sort of person you'd want to read erotica? It perplexed me... but I suppose, one person's phone sex operator is another person's "sweet" voice.

Another person scolded me for only reading part of the story. "It was such a tease."
I grinned. "I guess you'll just have to come back next time to hear the end of it."
Next time, I'll be a featured reader so I'll have more time to read. And isn't that just the way it should be? After all, if the anti-----ci----pation is longer than the main event, it's usually a bit of a let down.

No comments: