Adult Content... If you are under 18 or easily offended by erotic - kinky - poly material, please leave. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Resources

I recently received an email from a sub in Texas asking if there's any educational material that I would recommend for someone just starting out in the BDSM lifestyle. After I responded to the e-mail, I thought that while many of my readers probably have already read these resources and many more, some of you may not have & it might be worth writing about. Also, it might be interesting to see what other resources my readers recommend.

Two of my favorites are: Different Loving by William Brame and Gloria Brame & Screw the Roses, Send me the Thorns by Philip Miller and Molly Devon
Different Loving looks at BDSM relationships from the outside. It even comes with its own disclaimer, "Readers should not attempt any of the activities described in these pages." Despite that, it's a wonderful resource. The book is full of interviews of people in and out of the public scenes as well as descriptions of different activities and lifestyles.
Screw the Roses is delightful to read! You can tell that the authors had fun writing it. The one drawback, in my opinion, is that since it is written from a male dominant / female submissive perspective, it limits its perspective. But other than that, it covers the basics as well as the not so basics of bondage and other aspects of the lifestyle.

I've not read SM 101 by Jay Wiseman but I've heard that it's also a good resource.

Also, if you're looking for a more spiritual look at BDSM, I'm currently reading Dark Moon Rising by Raven Kaldera. I've read Pagan Polyamory & Urban Primitive by the same author and I've learned a lot from those books.

So, that's what I've got, what've you got?

2 comments:

Jason said...

Also in the realm of spiritual SM, I strongly recommend Radical Ecstasy, by Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy. Very well done, and also hot. ;)

digitalpunk30 said...

All very good books, imho. Perhaps also try The New Bottoming Book (there is a top book also I understand).