Adult Content... If you are under 18 or easily offended by erotic - kinky - poly material, please leave. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A bit of Rambling on Letters

There is nothing that excites me like a beautifully written and passionate letter. Over the years, I've had the fortune to be involved with several excellent letter writers. The Mentor, the Mad Monk, the Philosopher, the Professor (who I'll soon be introducing) as well as a few others have written me some incredible letters and e-mails. It has challenged my own letter writing prowess and for that I am grateful.

It's been a while since I last thought about the origin of my letter writing fascination. Then, just the other day, I received an e-mail from the Mentor. Even before we dated, the Mentor would write me the best letters. I even managed to save them when the basement I was living in flooded. At the beginning of August I'd written him about my Under the Seats post, not necessarily expecting a response, so I was delighted when he did respond. The thing is, he never responds with a few lines. No. The Mentor always writes a full letter. He wrote about his life, his wife, his daughter, his work... He wrote about the direction his life has taken and how it is so different from the path I am on and how, even though he loves his life, my writing allows him to live vicariously. This made me smile.

No comments: