Adult Content... If you are under 18 or easily offended by erotic - kinky - poly material, please leave. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Scheduled Spontaneity

It amuses me how incredibly disorganized I used to be. Now, I'm all about scheduling. I do too much and have too many jobs to be flighty about what I do with my time. Even when I'm not feeling well, I can't just call someone up to fill in for me because (a) there's no one, and (b) I get no pay for missin' a day.

Almost a year ago, I went on a few dates with Puck. Puck wanted to keep things free and open and told me that he and his wife were very by the seat of the pants type people as far as scheduling went. What that came to mean for me was that he wanted the freedom to cancel on me at a moments notice. His wife would say they needed to go shopping or that she was making a dinner he just couldn't miss or that she needed him to drive the kid somewhere, and he'd postpone, postpone then cancel. He had no respect for my time. It was incredibly frustrating!

I derive my freedom from the fact that things are scheduled. If I want to spontaneously do something, it has to be at a time when I don't have anything else going on. Scheduled Spontaneity? I know... it sounds like a contradiction. But it's a contradiction that works for me.

Needless to say, but Puck was out of luck.

No comments: