Adult Content... If you are under 18 or easily offended by erotic - kinky - poly material, please leave. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Reflections on Crumpet

Crumpet and I started e-mailing back in December. He recognized the picture I had as the same one I’d posted for the Poly meetup group we both belonged to. After the initial e-mail exchange, we actually met in person at the January Poly Pot Luck. He was there with his wife and daughters and I was there with the Artisit.

The first thing I noticed was that he wasn’t just cute like I thought he was in his pictures; he was deliriously adorable. Yet he was shy and quiet, so I didn’t really get to know him. To be fair, I wasn’t talking much either. I tend not to be too chatty in larger groups. Besides, the Artist was there and she is a fantastic conversationalist. Crumpet’s wife is also exceedingly fascinating. Their girls were amazingly well behaved. It was lovely to watch parents who deal with their kids so well.

Even though I wasn’t dating, I was intrigued. We exchanged a few more e-mails in January and chatted a bit, but then communication dropped off in February. I knew he’d started dating someone else and, while I was enjoying our fun exchanges, I knew it wasn’t going anywhere. I figured, if we do become friends, it would be a slow process. There were a few other gatherings I could have gone to and possibly seen him (including one at his place), but with my new work schedule & my desire to hibernate during the winter, I just wasn't up for it.

Then, towards the end of March, he sent me an e-mail and the conversation began again. He gives good e-mail. He later told me that he kinda-maybe-sorta remembered that I was planning to date in the Spring. He’d also read my Musings on being Child Free post which I’d kinda-maybe-sorta posted with him in mind… which he commented on. After a few exchanges and getting back to chatting online, we were in deep flirt. There was obviously an attraction. I thought about being patient & wait to see how long it took him to ask me out. After all, he wasn't the only guy I was flirting with. But I realized that I didn't want to wait. Patience be damned! I asked him out.

No comments: